Dear brothers and sisters in Christ!
We are approaching the great celebration of the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, this Sunday on April 19, 2020.
Please read the update of the schedule of our service before Pascha since we had to adapt to the changes during the pandemic.
- Holy Wednesday, April 15, 2020 we will serve the Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts from 9:15 am.
- Holy Thursday, April 16, 2020 we will serve the Liturgy of St. Basil the Great (with vespers) from 9 am. That same evening the Matins (the reading of the 12 Gospels shall be served from 6 pm).
- Holy Friday, April 17, 2020 we will serve the Vespers from 9:15 am, and we will display the Holy Shroud (Plashtanica) into the tomb. That same evening we will serve the Matins (Epitaphios) service from 6 pm.
- Holy Saturday, April 18, 2020 we will serve the Liturgy of St Basil the Great from 9:15 am.
- That evening (Saturday, April 18, 2020) from 11:45 pm we will serve the Paschal Matins (Orthros) and we will continue with the all night vigil for the Resurrection of Christ with the Divine Liturgy following around 1 am in the morning, Sunday, April 19, 2020.
We will be live streaming all of the services so you can follow them on our Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/lebanonorthodox.
I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult times for our country and for the whole world. It will be sad indeed, to serve without your physical presence, but we can all be together serving on the altar of our hearts and sing from our homes the glorious hymn:
Christ is risen from the dead,
trampling down death by death,
and on those in the tombs bestowing life!